Naturopathic Care +
Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage
for Pelvic, Gynecological, Digestive & Fertility Health
“I believe that it is essential for women to prioritize addressing issues of the gut, abdomen, uterus and pelvis as one of the most central strategies to directly promote a positive ripple effect in the vitality of their entire body and mind.”
- Dr. Christine Matheson, ND
Learn about the Belly Be Well Program
The BELLY BE WELL PROGRAM
My signature and unique program for women that combines the highly effective benefits of
individualized naturopathic care
Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy ® (ATMAT)
to give women a hands-on, stress-relieving and self-care focused approach that takes 5 mins/day with the ultimate goal of improving the health, alignment and function of the pelvic and abdominal organs in order to promote a woman’s overall wellbeing by
supporting women to heal from both the 'inside out' and the 'outside in'.
For proactive women with belly concerns who are ready for
EASIER PERIODS, A CALM CLEAN GUT,
OPTIMIZED GYNECOLOGICAL HEALTH,
STRONG POST-BABY RECOVERY
or A SMOOTH MENOPAUSE
PELVIC PEACE & BELLY BLISS
for YOUR ULTIMATE HEALTH + FULFILLED LIFE
What health concerns will the BELLY BE WELL program help?
✓ DIGESTION A happy gut with predictable digestion at last and relief from constipation, IBS symptoms or gas/bloating
✓ MENSTRUATION Easier periods (hallelujah), regular cycles, relief from PMS symptoms and pain-free periods become possible
✓ FERTILITY Powerfully prime your uterus and pelvis to conceive more easily, get all the fertility juices flowing both in mind and body whether to prepare safely for conventional fertility treatments or if trying to conceive naturally. If undergoing conventional fertility treatments, Maya Abdominal Massage is safest and most beneficial to enhance your fertility and prepare your body prior to undergoing conventional treatments.
✓ GYNECOLOGICAL/PELVIC CONDITIONS Almost like a “uterine cleanse”, this can reduce or relieve pelvic discomfort associated with endometriosis, uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts. Also used effectively after laparoscopic or abdominal surgeries for proper healing.
✓ POST-PARTUM RECOVERY Be proactive about preventing your pelvis from becoming weak post-partum by having a plan to restore, strengthen and realign your belly
✓ PROLAPSED ORGANS Improve the alignment of the pelvic organs by improving circulation to the area and giving yourself a natural “pelvic lift"
✓ MENOPAUSAL or PERI-MENOPAUSAL Have a smoother transition because improved blood flow to the pelvis allows hormones to reach where they need to go giving you a feeling of vitality while your body undergoes change
WHEN WOULD MAYA ABDOMINAL MASSAGE NOT BE ADVISED?
AND WHEN WOULD SIMPLY CHOOSING CHRISTINE'S GENERAL NATUROPATHIC CONSULTATION BE A MORE APPROPRIATE PLAN?
Maya Abdominal Massage is not advised if:
- you are in the early stages of pregnancy or not sure if you might be pregnant
- you have an a IUD (Intra-uterine-device) in place
- you have had a very recent abdominal or pelvic surgery (wait until 8-12 weeks after) including if you have had a very recent hernia repair
- you have acute abdominal or pelvic pain or an infection that has not been properly diagnosed
- you have an active gastro-intestinal infection
- CAUTION and modifications are taken if there is a hiatal hernia or if Gastro-esophageal Reflux Disorder (GERD) is active
Naturopathic medicine is the art and science of preventing or treating health conditions using natural therapies. As certified Kundalini yoga instructor I also incorporate my knowledge of yoga breathing, postures and meditation to optimize my patients results. The focus is always on treating the root causes of illness.
Each personalized treatment plan is tailored to suit a person’s unique needs and goals. My goal is to support the body’s own innate healing mechanisms as much as possible and to engage each patient to tap into their own self-healing abilities through a priority on easy and powerful self-care strategies. The naturopathic therapies that I emphasize in my practice are:
- clinical nutrition- because food is the first and safest medicine
- herbal medicine, homeopathy, Traditional Chinese Medicine (especially acupressure)
- hydrotherapy, naturopathic bodywork
- mindful stress management
- lifestyle counselling-incl. reducing environmental links to health
What are the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy ® (ATMAT)?
The Arvigo® techniques were developed by Dr. Rosita Arvigo, DN based on her apprenticeship with the Maya healer Don Elijio Panti and her own education, training, and research as a naprapathic physician. She developed a thorough method of abdominal massage founded on ancient Maya techniques while adding her exceptional knowledge of anatomy.
Arvigo ® techniques (also known as “uterine massage”) has two elements. It is an external massage treatment given to you AND a self-care abdominal massage technique that is taught to you and only takes 5 mins daily.
I am so proud to be one of the only ND’s in Ontario and Canada trained to offer this valuable therapy.
“The uterus is the woman’s core, if it is out of balance, her whole life is out of balance-physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.”
- Don Elijio Panti, Maya Shaman of Belize (Central America) who trained Dr. Rosita Arvigo about the ancient Maya technique of abdominal massage.
The Benefits of Arvigo ® Techniques
The focus is to decongest the abdomen, pelvis and especially the uterus by stimulating the flow of the blood, lymph, nerve and qi (energy) which helps to restore function to the vital organs in your belly. This technique helps to shift and improve the alignment of the pelvic floor and abdominal organs to prevent prolapse and enhance function.
To learn more see the Arvigo ® Therapy website
“The female pelvis is a powerhouse of energy transformation, the very throne of creating through which universal creative energy patterns course and flow’.
- Dr. Rosita Arvigo, creator of the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy ®
MEDIA and PRESS about Arvigo ® Techniques
Why is Belly or Gut Health so important?
A CALM BELLY = A CALM MIND
GUT INSTINCTS are real and medical research has confirmed that there is a powerful gut-brain connection. The gut is often referred to as the “second brain” due to the rich percentage of nerves it contains. Which means if you hold stress in your abdomen this can affect how you feel mentally. This underscores the tremendous value of easing any tension in your belly for a greater experience of positive mood, emotional calm and mental clarity. If you think of the myriad of expressions we casually use such as “go with your gut” , “listen to your gut reaction” or “trust your gut feelings”, these are actually founded in physiological and scientific truth.
“Soon I discovered there was an entire branch of medical research investigating the links between the gut and the brain…The influence of the gut on our health and well-being is one of the new lines of research in modern medicine.”
- Giulia Enders, author of Gut:The Inside Story of Our Body’s Most Underrated Organ
MAGNIFICENT GUT MICROBIOME
Decades of studies are now revealing that the diverse and intricate eco-system of beneficial bacteria in your gut, called the gut microbiome is home to your IMMUNITY. In fact 70% of your immunity is located in your gut microbiome. To prevent inflammation and disease processes, it is therefore critical to address your gut health as a root cause connected to illness. Ensuring you are caring for, nourishing and protecting your microbiome from hazards is now an essential strategy and determinant in achieving optimal wellness.
“How the gut functions has both a direct and indirect effect on every single cell in the human body, from the cells in your bone marrow deep inside your bones to the hair and skin on the surface. Often dysfunction in the gut causes symptoms in the unlikeliest parts of the body.”
- Dr. Alejandro Junger, MD, author of New York Times best-selling book Clean Gut
BELLY BE WELL PROGRAM
1st Consultation (75 min) includes:
- a thorough naturopathic intake of your past and present health concerns
- initial naturopathic guidelines
- introduction and review of Arvigo®Self-Care abdominal massage technique
- an initial Arvigo ® Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy treatment
2nd Consultation (60 min) includes:
- an assessment of the progress of your initial naturopathic guidelines
- an adjustment or addition to your naturopathic protocol
- reviewing any questions about your self-care massage routine
- a complete Arvigo ® Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy treatment
Subsequent Consultations (45 min) include:
- continued monitoring and adjusting if needed on the progress of your naturopathic protocol
- a complete Arvigo ® Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy treatment
Appointment Preparation and Planning:
*For the first three months it is ideal to receive at least 1 or 2 treatments per month for best results while also practicing self-care
*Arvigo ® Techniques are not advised when a woman is menstruating or particularly not at the early stages of pregnancy. Therefore keep this in mind when booking the timing of your appointment and where you are at in your menstrual cycle or if you think you might be pregnant.
*It is more enjoyable to experience the massage on an empty stomach or bladder.
FEES and PRICING for BELLY BE WELL Program
* Belly Be Well appointments need to be timed with when you are not menstruating or at the early stages of pregnancy therefore since some women’s cycles are unpredictable -please respectfully do your best to provide as much notice as possible (ideally 48 hours) if you need to reschedule your appointment
“All disease begins in the gut.”
- Hippocrates, the ancient Greek physician who is credited as the founder of modern medicine